OMG! I just read this…
Pet Battle System
- For years blizzard has wanted to have mini games in World of Warcraft. They have also always wanted something more for pets but they didn’t not want them to be mandatory. The pet battle system allows a perfect solution for both, and gives players something to do after dungeons, raids, challenges, scenarios, and battlegrounds.
- The pet UI has been fully updated. On the left you will see a list of all the pets you have, and the ones you don’t as well as where to find those pets. When you click on a pet, you have, it will pull up a pet card with all the information on the pet
- Pets will have health, levels, attack, defense, and movement speed (which is an initiative type of value) . Pets will also have 6 abilities, of which they can choose three of. It will work just like the players talent system. Two per row, can only pick one per row. You will be able to change these outside of battle. You unlock more abilities by leveling the pet up
- You can name all your pets, and they will be shared across all characters.
- When you enter a battle, you will see both players along with that player’s pets lined up in front of them.
- You will be able to switch your pets between the ones you have selected mid fight. They also now run up to the enemy pet to attack it!
- When you challenge another player in the world, it’ll just kind of smoothly zoom in to this view. When you finish, it’ll just pull right back on out to your normal gameplay view.
- There will also be random critters and NPCs out in the world you can fight to level up your pets. As well as a queuing system to queue and fight other players.
- There are roughly 100 wild pets across Azeroth to collect.
- PvP pet battles are going to be a fun and causal. They do not want losing to feel like a big deal because that’s really what drives a lot of people out of it. They will only track the number of wins and not the number of loses. You will also not see the other players name, and the players can not talk to one another. It should feel like your playing against another NPC (that just happens to be very smart).
How the hell am I going to think up names for all 185 of my pets? Also – 100 wild pets to collect – wheeee – more pets! I hope they are new ones, or some of the rarer trading card ones that I didn’t get round to buying. Squeeeee!
I for one think that this will be fun. It’s anonymous. You can do it on your own. I love the way it has de-personalised the pvp for pets. I can play and compete and not actually feel like I’m hurting or really bothering someone. I think Blizzard have realised that a large proportion of players are those who are obsessive compulsives and this provides us with something else to keep us playing